Thursday 31 October 2013

A little catch up with my most recent makes...

I finished Rose's Sunday sweater the other week. She wore it a few times before I even got around to blocking it! It looks so much better after being blocked though and the stitches look so much smoother. I knit the 4/5 year size thinking it would be pretty baggy on her and last for a couple years but it fits pretty much perfectly. Rose is just so tall! People seem generally shocked when I tell them she's not 3 until January, she looks so much older already..


I wouldn't usually go for such a girly pink colour when knitting but this Cascade yarn is from the 'heather' range and is quite multi-tonal, there are little flecks of light and dark pinks in there. I like the prettiness of it though and it looks lovely with a lot of her dresses.


When I was back in Bridport last month I bought two skeins of this yarn by Araucania Yarns. It's called Puelo and is double knit weight. The yarn is 100% llama and is very soft, initially I was planning on knitting myself a hat and then like usual, I changed my mind.


I decided to knit Arthur a jumper, from a pattern that I'd had saved on my Ravelry favourites list for ages. It's called Livingston and is the most lovely jumper. The yarn knit up like a dream and is so soft on Arthur's skin. I really enjoyed knitting the jumper but the pattern was so much more complicated than what I prefer... you had to start knitting from the bottom up, then knit the sleeves separately on DPN's, then attach them all together on the circular needle, then there were instructions to break the yarn on several occasions while knitting the top part of the jumper. All in all there were a Lot of ends to sew in at the end!


You can't really tell from these photographs but the little wooden buttons have tree's engraved on them. Very sweet, I bought them from Cloth Kits a while ago. I'd actually only bought three for some reason a couple months back, then when I realised that I needed one more I popped back into the shop and after a search I found the very last button they had in the shop. It was like it was meant to be! 


I knit the 12 month size but as I was using double knit weight yarn instead of sport, it turned out more around the 18 month size. Arthur is a quite a big boy at 11 months now though, so it already fits him! It just has a small amount of room for growth on the arms and length. Perfect really. :-)




I've also knitted a pair of Edwin Creams and happily managed to get one pair out of a 50g ball of Rowan pure wool 4ply. I just had to make the ribbing section a little shorter and be careful not to waste any yarn. I think the next time I knit these I will knit with 2.75mm needles though as these are slightly loose and because I'm always pushing the buggy, they tend to roll up a little which is a bit annoying. The perfect excuse to knit another pair!


I've been sewing quite a few of these drawstring lined pretty bags for me to store my knitting projects in. I'm attempting to get myself more organised! They are rather addictive to sew because they are so simple though and I've even sewn one for Rose's spare nursery clothes. She starts going to nursery 3 afternoon's a week the week after next and I am really looking forward to have a bit of one on one time with Arthur, she is so ready to go though and will love it.




Rose and Arthur seem to be growing at an alarming rate these day's... Arthur will be 11 months on Saturday and Rose will be 3 at the end of January. I was looking back on some of my photo's on my laptop from over the last 3/4 years and I can't quite believe how much things have changed!


I mean... he's already able to stand, all by himself!!
I wonder what the next 3 or 4 years hold...


Ashley xxx







16 comments:

  1. So nice to hear from you again !!!! And look how your kids have grown !!!! Wow !!! Love your makings !!! :o)!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see little ones in handmade clothes its the love that goes into making them and always unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sweet little knits for Rose and Arthur, too gorgeous. Your fingerless gloves are in one of my favourite colours, beautiful. Keep enjoying each and every moment with your little ones, time really does fly by xox Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post Ashley!! I love all your pretty makes, especially those arm warmers. I love the colour your chose, definitely my colour at the moment and I can't wait till next year when I am going to teach myself how to knit, so I might be asking for help. Love the pretty cardi's you made your kids and aren't they gorgeous. They grow up so fast, looking at your photos felt like just yesterday when mine were that age. They both look so happy!! Enjoy your weekend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your children are just adorable. I love what all you make them. All made with love for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashley your kids are uber cute! I'm really impressed with how many projects you've done and it gives me hope! People always say annoying things to me like "you won't be able to do all that knitting when you have children" and I'd like to beg to differ :-) I'm glad that the jumper and cardigan both fit perfectly, it's skills not luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely to see you back blogging Ashley, I have missed you! Rose and Arthur have grown up so much, they are such little cuties! It's great to see what you've been making, how adorable is Rose in her cardi and Arthur in his jumper?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. شركة تنظيف بالعين
    من الأمور التي نغفل عنها دائماً هو تنظيف الخزانات التي تمدنا بالمياه التي نستخدمها بشكل يومي في الشرب والغسيل والطهي مع العلم إن تنظيف الخزانات لا بد أن يتم بشكل دوري لكي يتم الحفاظ على نقاء المياه التي إذا حدث وتلوثت فأنها سوف تسبب الكثير من الأمراض لنا لذلك تقدم شركة تنظيف في العين خدمة تنظيف جميع أنواع الخزانات لأن عملية التنظيف للخزانات لا يجب أن يقوم بها شخص عادي لأنها تحتاج إلى متخصص ليستخدم منظفات مناسبة ولا تتفاعل مع الماء لذلك يجب أن تستعين بشركتنا لتضمن الحفاظ على نظافة الماء الذي تستخدمه والاهم من ذلك الحفاظ على صحتك.
    شركة تنظيف بالشارقة
    هل السجاد والموكيت الموجود في منزلك أصبح مليء بالبقع الصعبة التي لم تنجح في التخلص منها برغم استخدامك أغلى وأشهر المنظفات ؟ هل تفكر في رمي الموكيت والسجاد الموجود لديك واستبداله بجديد ؟لا داعي لذلك لأنك من الممكن أن تتخلص من جميع البقع الموجودة في السجاد والموكيت بالإضافة بإمكانك الحصول على خدمة تنظيفه وهذه الخدمة ستحوله إلى موكيت وسجاد جديد وكأنك للتو اشتريته كل ذلك بالتعاون مع شركة تنظيف في الشارقة والتي تقوم بتنظيف جميع أنواع الموكيت والسجاد بأحدث الطرق والأجهزة والمنظفات وأشهرها أجهزة البخار التي تزيل أصعب البقع وبشكل سريع من السجاد والموكيت فشركتنا من أشهر شركات التنظيف في الشارقة ولها العديد من العملاء .
    شركة تنظيف بدبي
    هل تريد تنظيف منزلك بشكل كامل ولا تمتلك الوقت لذلك ؟ هل تتمنى الحصول على خدمة تنظيف ممتازة ودون أن تحتاج إلى وقت كبير ننصحك بالتعامل مع شركتنا شركة تنظيف في دبي لأنها من أفضل شركات تنظيف الشقق والمنازل في أبوظبي لأنها تمتلك فريق متكامل من العمالة الفلبينية المدربة على تنظيف جميع أنواع الأرضيات والجدران وقطع الأثاث والأجهزة الكهربائية والتي تستخدم الكثير من المنظفات المستوردة ذات الجودة العالية وجميع هذه المنظفات مصرح بها من وزارة الصحة وآمنة على صحة الإنسان كما أن فريق عمل الشركة يمتاز بالأمانة والإتقان في عمله والسرعة أيضاً في نفس الوقت لكي لا يتم إهدار وقت العميل .
    شركة تنظيف بعجمان
    إن أول ما يتبادر إلى أذهاننا عند التفكير في الاستعانة بشركة تنظيف لتنظيف المنزل هو الأسعار الباهظة والتي تفوق أحياناً ميزانيتنا الخاصة لذلك سرعان ما نلغي هذه الفكرة ونضيع الكثير من الوقت والجهد في تنظيف المنزل وفي النهاية لا نصل إلى المستوى الذي نحلم به لذلك نحن في شركة تنظيف في عجمان نقدم لكم أرخص الأسعار لأن هدفنا الأول ليس الأمور المادية بل هو تمكن جميع العملاء من كل الفئات من الحصول على خدمات شركتنا لذلك سوف تجد شركنا أرخص شركة تنظيف بين شركات التنظيف الموجودة في عجمان هذا مع العلم أن خدماتنا ممتازة وعلى مستوى عالي جداً من الدقة والإتقان .
    شركة تنظيف بأبوظبي
    الكنب والمجالس عادة يتم استخدامهم في غرفة المعيشة حيث يتم استعمالهم أثناء مشاهدة التلفاز او أثناء الاسترخاء بعد يوم طويل وفي الغالب نستقبل فيهم أقاربنا وضيوفنا لذلك فإن الكنب والمجالس دائماً معرضين للبقع الصعبة التي تنتج من الاستعمال اليومي لهم وبعض البقع إن لم يتم تنظيفها في الحال يصعب إزالتها فيما بعد لذلك ننصحك بالتعامل مع شركة تنظيف في ابوظبي التي تقدم خدمة تنظيف الكنب والمجالس بأحدث المنظفات التي لا تؤثر على نسيج الكنب أو تغير من لونه والشركة تقدم هذه الخدمة على طريقتين ويترك للعميل حرية الاختيار إما القيام بالتنظيف داخل المنزل أو نقل الكنب والمجالس إلى مقر الشركة حيث يتم تنظيفها وإعادتها للعميل .
    https://dubai4clean.com/
    ________________________________________

    ReplyDelete
  9. شركة تنظيف بأبو ظبي
    عزيزي العميل نقدم لك أفضل وأرخص شركة تنظيف في ابوظبي حيث إن شركتنا هي شركة معتمدة ويثق بها الكثير من العملاء، إن جذور شركتنا تمتد إلى سنوات طويلة من الخبرة والكفاءة في أعمال التنظيف، كما أن شركة تنظيف أبو ظبي من أكبر شركات التنظيف التي يعتمد عليها كافة عملاء الامارات حيث يثق بنا الكثير من العملاء وذلك لما تمتلكه شركتنا من مميزات خاصة جعلتها مصدر ثقة للكثير من عملاء الامارات عزيزي العميل من اليوم سوف يصبح منزلك نظيفًا وخالي تمامًا من أي ملوثات أو جراثيم ناتجة عن قلة التنظيف حيث إن فريق عمل شركة تنظيف بأبي ظبي فريق مدرب ويتميز بالدقة والاتقان والسرعة في إنجاز مهام التنظيف.
    شركة تنظيف بدبي
    عزيزي العميل نقدم لك أفضل شركة تنظيف بدبي، حيث إن مهام لتنظيف هي مهام في غاية المشقة والإرهاق ودائمًا نسعى لإرضاء عزيزي العميل وتوفير كل ما تحتاج إليه من أعمال التنظيف، لذلك لن تجد أفضل من شركة تنظيف في دبي للتعامل معها حيث تمتلك كل التقنيات المتقدمة في مجال التنظيف، ولن تشعر بالتعب والإرهاق من اليوم حيث إنه سوف يتم انجاز كافة أعمال التنظيف التي تريدها وفي أقل وقت وبأسعار مغرية، لا تتردد عزيزي العميل وقم على الفور بالاتصال بنا وطلب خدماتنا وسوف نكون في خدمتك على الفور، ونقدم لك كل ما تحتاج إليه من أعمال تنظيف مميزة وعلى أيدي نخبة من خبراء التنظيف في شركة تنظيف في دبي.
    شركة تنظيف بعجمان
    نقدم أفضل شركة تنظيف بعجمان عمالة فيليبينية، حيث نهتم دومًا بتقديم أفضل الخدمات المميزة للعملاء الكرام، كما نهتم بتوفير الوقت والمجهود والأموال لعملائنا الكرام إن ثقة العملاء في شركة تنظيف في عجمان هي أكثر شيء تسعى إليه شركتنا، لذلك من اليوم دع عملية تنظيف منزلك أو شقتك أو فيلتك على شركتنا وسوف تنبهر بنتائج عملية التنظيف، كما إننا نؤكد لك عزيزي العميل أن كل ما نقوم باستخدامه من مواد منظفة هي آمنة تمامًا على جميع المفروشات من سجاد وموكيت وغيره من المفروشات القيمة، لا تقلق عزيزي العميل أنت معنا في أمان تام كما إننا نقدم لك ضمانًا عن كافة المواد التي نقوم باستخدامها حيث إن كافة المنتجات من معقمات ومنظفات عالمية ومستورد ومصرحة من وزارة الصحة، كما إن لدى شركة تنظيف العجمان كافة الخدمات الخاص بالتنظيف وعلى أعلى مستوى من الخبرة والكفاءة العالية في كافة مجالات التنظيف.
    شركة تنظيف بالشارقة
    عميلنا الكريم إذا كنت تريد أن تقوم بإجراء عملية تنظيف لمنزلك لكن أعمال التنظيف ترهقك وتأخذ الكثير من وقتك، لا داعي لذلك العناء من اليوم حيث نقدم لك شركة تنظيف في الشارقة حيث تمتلك نخبة متميزة من فريق العمل الفيليبيني المميز، والذي يقوم بإنجاز مهام التنظيف في أقل وقت وبطريقة احترافية ومميزة، كما أن شركة تنظيف الشارقة تقدم لكافة عملائها الكرام أفضل خدمة تنظيف وغسيل سجاد وموكيت، حيث تمتلك الشركة أقوى المنظفات العالمية التي تساعد على تنظيف وتعقيم كافة أنواع السجاد والموكيت، كما أن الشركة تقدم العديد من الخدمات المميزة التي يحتاج إليها العملاء وكل ذلك وأكثر بأقل الأسعار، حيث إن شركة تنظيف في الشارقة هي أرخص شركة تنظيف.
    شركة تنظيف بالعين
    عميلنا الكريم من اليوم لا داعي للإرهاق والتعب الناتج عن عملية التنظيف الخاص بمنزلك أو فلتلك أو مكتبك، نقدم لك شركة تنظيف في العين أفضل شركة تنظيف في الامارات كما أن شركتنا من أوائل الشركات المتميزة والمتقدمة في أعمال التنظيف، عزيزي العميل إن شركتنا لديها العديد من العروض المميزة والخصومات المذهلة والتي لن تجدها إلا لدى شركة تنظيف في العين لأن هدف شركتنا هو إرضاء عملائها الكرام، كما نقدم لك عزيزي العميل شركة كشف تسربات وشركة تنظيف خزانات وشركة تنظيف شقق وغيرها من الخدمات المميزة وبأسعار مغرية، لا تتردد عزيزي العميل وقم على الفور بالاتصال بأفضل شركة مجربة في الامارات وسوف نكون في خدمتك على الفور.
    https://sharjahclean.com
    __________________________________________________

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Florida State Football fsu football game live live stream free online. How to watch Florida State Seminoles football games live stream today/tonight & Florida State Football schedule, news. florid state ncaa football

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs