Friday 14 June 2013

I do love little newborn handknits...

I had all of these photo's uploaded already in a draft post but I had completely forgotten that I still hadn't posted them on here. These are the little knitted things I made for one of my very good friend's who had her third baby around 6 weeks ago. 


Due to some tricky complications she had him 3 weeks earlier than was expected so I never actually got a chance to block them! The cardigan luckily was looking okay-ish without being blocked, so that was a big relief! It was all finished very last-minute. It's all been worn lots by her sweet little boy though, so I'm so glad I rushed to get it all done in time.

The cardigan is the Puerperium cardigan which is a brilliant free pattern on Ravelry.


I bought the buttons from The Eternal Maker which I'm lucky to have just down the road from me. My friend didn't know the sex of the baby, so I wanted to go for something quite natural and neutral looking.

The booties were knit from this pattern and are super quick and simple. I made a pair for Arthur out of an Aran weight yarn which he wore a Lot.


The little hat is knit from a pattern by Ginny at one of my favourite blogs Small Things
Here is the link to the pattern on Ravelry, it's a lovely sweet little knit.



Isn't he just the sweetest little boy!? He was so small that even though the hat was tiny, it was still a little baggy on his tiny little head! 


xxxx

5 comments:

  1. Love this cardi pattern! My best friend just found out she is carrying twins and has already requested 2 of everything I make. Because she won't find out the gender I need a neutral-looking pattern. This might be it!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful. I love your knits

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good thing the hat's a bit baggy because he can grow into it :) So sweet x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these little bits they are gorgeous and how adorable is that little boy, he is so tiny :)x x x x

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs