Saturday 11 May 2013

The New bittersweet cowl...


My lovely friend Sarah and I went (with my two little ones!) down to stay with the lovely Cuckoo and her family. I had the most wonderful time and the time just went far too quickly while we were there! I know I have definitely made a couple of friends for life there!

Anyway.. I wanted to knit her a little gift to say thank you for taking on myself And my two children. I chose to knit her the New bittersweet cowl which is a lovely free pattern on Ravelry. It was a joy to knit, when Rose and Arthur gave me a few minutes here and there to get on with it that is... It is knit with Debbie Bliss Cashmerino aran which is so soft, it just glides over the needles.

It can be worn like this...


...or like this! (I'm not particularly fond of the photo, I still have my pregnancy chubbiness! Finding it Much harder to lose the weight this time round!)


..and in the meantime I am soldiering on with Arthur's blanket. I'm over half way now but it's taking a little while, I love the way it looks but I really like how quickly crochet is worked up into something compared to the speed of knitting.


xxx


13 comments:

  1. Stunning cowl, loving the colour
    Karen
    ps I think you look great not in the least bit chubby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen x It's a lovely colour isn't it.. I'd love to knit some mitts in the same colour at some point.

      Delete
  2. Wow that cowl is gorgeous! Lovely idea as a present, bet it will be much treasured.
    I still have my preganancy chubbiness, trouble is my son is ten now ;-) You don't have any chubbiness to worry about!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely cowl isn't it, she did love it thank goodness so I was very relieved!
      Thank you very much! I know that I'm no huge or anything, just bigger than all of my clothes that I like in my wardrobe!

      Delete
  3. Love the colours in Arthur's blanket- beautiful children's names btw.
    I don't think you look chubby at all. As they say takes 9 months to put on so it will take 9 months to come off. Not sure what my excuse is. I've only just lost my pregnancy weight and my little one is 10 months this month. Running around after a toddler and looking after a baby is harder than any workout!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's stunning. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh stick with the knitting I absolutely love it! I've crochet ripples but nothing will compare to some beautiful garter stitch :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to look up that pattern. Is it knit on a circular needle? That blanket is going to be amazing. Arthur will ADORE it. My 8 year old son still sleeps with his earliest blankie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cowl, lovely picture too. What nice colours you have chosen for Arthurs blanket. (and I understand completely the trying to get a moment to sit down with 2 littles to look after)
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs