Sunday 25 November 2012

My attempt to get back in the blogging world before baby arrives!

So, tomorrow I will be turning 38 weeks pregnant. Believe me when I say that I already feel way further along than that though! This pregnancy has been a whole lot tougher second time round... probably mainly down to me having to care for a hyper toddler at the same time as growing this baby. I probably sound very dramatic as I know so many of you women have done exactlyyy the same thing at some point along the line. I'm an only child, where as Ray is 1 of 7 sibling's and I now have a wholeee new respect for his Mum!

I've been measuring rather big this pregnancy and at my 35 week appointment my midwife measured me as over 40cm's when I should have only been 35. This meant that I went for a growth scan on my birthday last week and the baby is actually measuring 3 weeks bigger than he should be at this stage... and apparently has a rather large head!! (Ouch!) So after having a perfect homebirth with Rose first time round, my plans have changed somewhat and instead I'll be going into the birthing centre at the hospital to have the baby. I felt quite upset about it originally but have now come round to the idea of it and after going for a tour around the maternity unit today, I'm actually feeling really positive about going into hospital. The most important thing is mine and the baby's safety and I'll still have a gorgeous bundle at the end of it all... even if he is a big bruiser! haha

So I thought I would update you all (unless you're on Instagram) on how much Rose has grown! She's now 22 months and a complete handful! She seems to have reached the 'terrible two's' a bit early and we've been having plenty of tantrums and tears around here... I have everything crossed that it's just a phase she's going through and we'll all come out of it at the end okay! One thing's for sure, she's not gonna know what's hit her when this baby brother of hers arrives!


Even though I've not been blogging much recently, I have been doing a bit of crafting... I'll give you a quick catch-up. I'm afraid these are all Instagram photo's so some of you may have seen them before but I need to get using my Canon much more again!

I made this little snuggle comfort blanket for the baby... I'd seen quite a few other baby's with them but they were sooo expensive, so I thought I would give it a go making my own instead and I was really happy with the end result.


I knit/crocheted this tea cosy for a lovely lady who's a family friend of Ray's family, she loved it which I was relieved about!



I finally got my act together and finished knitting this little cable vest for the baby. I made a couple of little mistakes on it but thankfully they don't really notice unless I were to point them right out. 


I've been working on my 'Alice Caterpillar' mitts, I've Almost finished them but am working on Christmas presents at the moment so they've temporarily been put to the side...


I started a blue baby blanket for the baby and I've actually finished it! I just need to take some good photo's on my camera to show you the end result. I knitted it in Debbie Bliss 'Glen' yarn that I bought at the Knit and Stitch show in London and am over the moon with it, it's so so soft and cosy.
 

I've sewn an apron for my Nan for Christmas. (I've made her aware that getting down on the floor to cut up the fabric was pretty much impossible with my size at the moment and so she'd better wear it at least once even if she hates it!)


And here are a couple more shots of Rose... just in case you forgot what she looks like! haha


(Ray took her for a trip into town yesterday to get an all-in-one rain suit, it's fleece-lined and means that she can now have as much fun as she wants splashing in puddles! Before, we were getting through countless changes of clothing because I'm just Not quick enough to keep her out of the water... seriously, she'll spot a puddle a mile off and just Run for it!


This was my size 2 weeks ago... 


...and I'm now at this stage, of feeling the size of a whale and bouncing on the birthing ball daily trying to tempt the little one to come say hello already! 


Sorry, I know it's been a bit of a long babble this post.. at least I've kind of caught up with myself now so I can get back into a regular routine with my blogging. Oh how I've missed it... :-(

I hope you are all well and I'm planning to come on by to your blogs to catch up with them too...

Love Ashley xxxxx

19 comments:

  1. Good luck for the birth, as long as you feel happy and safe it doesn't matter where you are. My sister is due next week it's very exciting this is her second but her first girl is now six so it's a much bigger age gap... Not so many tantrums! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see you tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've to wait until wednesday to turn 38 weeks and like you I am big and heavy and its harder when its not your first. This is my 8th and I think its natural to feel that way towards the end. Best of luck with your tour and once you are happy with it all should go well and it won't matter the where just the wonderful gift you get at the end. I'm hoping Rose grows out of her phase I think they all hit that, we seem to be just coming out of it or at least I'm hoping so, Elizabeth is 2 1/2 so fingers crossed we are lol. I love all the knitted and made goods, you have been busy, my blogging of late has been sketchy and with trying to get organised with xmas and baby its not left much time for blogging and I'm sure over the next couple of weeks we shall find ourselves once again pushed for blogging time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I am a new follower. Good luck with the upcoming birth and the toddler tantrums. I remember the terrible two's with my daughter. She is now three and we still have a few tantrums now and then. I love Rose's polka-dot tights! She is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rose has grown alot. She is so cute and so is her hair. Yes, they can be handfuls at that age.
    You are so tiny and then there is that belly. How do you carry that around. Hopefully soon you will have your baby boy. I am glad that you made the decisions to be at the hospital.
    Can't wait to hear the news.
    Your projects are adorable. That tea cozy is something else.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome back!! i have missed you! good luck on the birth of your baby boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh' my what an incredibly lovely big bump!- i bet you cant wait for it to arrive!
    My twinny is expecting, but only at 16 weeks- but with her toddler she feels so totally shattered all the time, ive been trying to help her as much as possible!
    Its hard going the second time im sure when you already have a young child to entertain. I rememberhow much i slept when pregnant with Sophia- But thats impossible with a littl'n around. Rose is adorable!!!!! she has grown even more beautiful!!!! xx good luck with the birth!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good and not long to go now!
    Guessing there might be a water bath at the birthing centre? That could be a positive of going into hospital? Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get there though - they don't joke when saying second time is quicker!
    Big babies have advantages - they are squidgy and chubby which means they 'squeeze' out easier? And apparently they do settle easier too? (yet to see proof this one). Huge good luck
    Nelly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay your back Ashley, it's lovely to catch up with you! You look blooming and your bump is impressive - no wonder you are wanting the baby out at this stage! I remember thinking that I couldn't stretch anymore with my son. I too had a huge bump and huge baby but the second is much, much quicker and I'm sure you've made the right decision to have the baby at the hospital. Loving all your makes and Rose is just adorable with her cheeky grin :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not long now and your lovely baby will be here. I adore the taggy blanket you made, the colours are fab.
    Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. My second baby was so much quicker and I was contracting steadily (and pretty painlessly) all day at home and had Anna on the night after 5 hrs in hospital. The midwife who delivered Anna also delivered my Thomas 2 and 1/2 years ago. I was so happy it was her again.
    Rose is getting so big now, its amazing how fast they grow up. What a cutie too!
    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Only just discovered your blog and I'm really happy you're still writing! I can't wait to here how you get on with two little ones - my son is 13 months and my husband is desperate to get started on number 2 eek! Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm, thought I was already a follower but apparently not. I did get your post in my email though. I can't believe how much Rose is growing. And the baby????? My goodness, he's going to be a big one. I think you've made a wise decision to go to the birthing center. The most important thing is the health of the baby and yours, not where you have the baby. Congratulations and sending you positive vibes for an easy birth.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like baby will be around soon! Love all your makes. You are looking lovely!
    I hope to hear more about you soon, hun. But take it easy. This last stage is really tough. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my lovely!!! Wow wow wow. The bump looks sooooo impressive, its grown since I saw you! How are things feeling? Cowboy walking still?!?!
    Very very excited to hear the good news and am super impressed with all your lovely makes.
    Big love
    Gem x x x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well you are about to burst any minute girl! Good luck and keep calm. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. My, Ashley you are BIG aren't you? and it's all baby too!! good luck and thanks for sharing the lovely things you are making for the little one and friends - Rose is getting more lovely every day - she seems such a happy little thing too!! you've done so well to get some Christmas gifts made - I was full of big intentions and am half way through one shawl!! and my 'toddler' is 15 lol

    Kathy, FRANCE

    ReplyDelete
  17. I remember how tough it is having a toddler and baby in your belly - wow it is hard work but worth it. i found my second was bigger too, I think your body just pops back into shape doesn't it :-s Try and put your feet up when you can, take care x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know exactly how you're feeling as I was feeling the same way just a couple of weeks ago with a baby inside and a very busy toddler. I also felt huge but actually my new little boy was only 7lb so not too bad. Good luck with the birth(I guess it may have already happened). I'm sure it will all go well. We all hope for a certain birth and it doesn't always happen exactly as we want but what matters in the end is the beautiful little person that appears at the end. Good luck and will look forward to hearing when the new little one arrives. Fiona x

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs