Wednesday 22 August 2012

Crafty goings-on...

How pretty are these stitch markers!? 

The only stitch markers I had before were these awful ugly plastic ones that kept catching on my knitting so I decided to look for something a little more pleasing to the eye and hopefully something that wouldn't have an opening for the yarn to snag on. I found these stitch markers here on Etsy for a brilliant price and they came in the post today. One of the cute little blue ones was put straight to use on my current knitting project.


I've been crocheting a little too.

I made up a couple of sweet little coasters that will be a present for a friend, well... they will help to make up the whole present anyway.


I had enough of the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino aran yarn to make up 3 coasters and one of them now has pride of place on my desk in the living room. :-)


The petals of the coaster look really pretty even when it is in use and you can't even see half of the coaster. I'm definitely going to be having a search through my little stash to see if I can find anymore aran yarn to make up a few more. I came across the pattern on Pinterest and here is the link for you.


Here's a little sneak peek of what I've been working on most recently for the little bubba that's due in December. I'd only tried knitting cables once before on a pair of hand warmers but this is the first time I've used them in knitting a garment and especially when there are so many of them! I made on mistake but I don't think it's tooo noticeable. You can also see one of my new knitting stitch markers in use, So pretty!


It's been one Busy day today so am definitely looking forward to my bed tonight, I'm going to attempt to catch up on some of my emails first though.
xxx

(This was the bump just over a week ago)


15 comments:

  1. I love your stitchmarkers - they are really pretty and much more fun than plain ones!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your coaster, hope you are managing to get some rest! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Etsy find. They are absolutely adorable! Speaking of adorable - check you out! What a darling little bump you are sporting. And you new baby will be so cozy in that sweater you are knitting - cables look so wint'ry - perfect for your December bubs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for linking up the pattern I must give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww You look blooming lovely :),Love the cable, clever thing!And the coasters ,thanks for the link,I'm going to give these a go :)
    Take care love Julie Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are looking just lovely :)
    I had never heard of stitch markers before (I live a sheltered life!)...though my only attempts at knitting so far have been very simple knit scarves :P
    I really like the coasters..they are very pretty. I purchased my first crochet hook the other week and some wool..so I may have to attempt this project at some point (thanks for sharing).
    Have a lovely weekend x
    Magie

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE those pretty pink coasters, thank you for the link! I will definitely give them a try myself sometime :-)
    Your cables are fab! Can't wait to see the finished artical!

    You are looking very well, such a neat bump :-)

    Happy Sunday lovely
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the beautiful pink coasters, congratulations on your baby bump! It was so nice to catch up with your blog. Wishing you all the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those coasters are so cute! Wow, look at your bump. So amazing. I am just in the looking fat stage...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh bump is looking very cute, love your pretty coasters
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope all is well with you, missing you here in blogland.
    xx Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the coaster!!! i have to make one. especially as i have that gorgeous ck mug and both look so pretty together xx

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs