Wednesday 9 November 2011

Recent going's on.

This post is just about some of what we've been getting up to lately...

I've been really lucky lately and have seen a lot of my family, first my Mum came to stay for a few nights, then my auntie came up for the day, Rose and I went to London for a day to visit my Cousin Josie and then on Saturday my Nan came to stay for a night. I'm also going back to Dorset for a few days next week as it's my birthday.. I can't wait.


Even though I used to live in London, I was a little worried about going up with Rose as I wasn't sure how easy it would be to get around with the buggy. But it was actually easy as I had Jose to help me with Rose on the underground escalators and as it was a Sunday, it was relatively quiet. The only problem with going up on a Sunday it that a lot of places aren't open. I was hoping to go here, but annoyingly it's not open on a Sunday. Next time, even though it's busier we'll have to go on a week day..


We've been spending a lot of time at the park lately, Rose is old enough now to really enjoy the swings. As soon as I start pushing her, a big smile appears on her face!


I've learnt how to sew a zip into something, it's not actually as hard as I thought it would be. It's only the Cath Kidston purse that comes with her SEW book, but it's just been lying on my craft shelf for ages because I was too scared to attempt to sew in the zip! Now I can sew zips, it opens up a lot of other thing's I'll be able to make. :-)


I love the little bit of cross-stitch that I did for the front of the purse. I really enjoy cross-stitch but it just takes sooo long! I'm just far too impatient to keep working on the same thing for such a long time...


Yesterday Rose and I went for lunch at Sarah's, I had Such a lovely time and it felt like we had known each other for years! That's the lovely thing about making friends through blogging, you get to know things about each another, so then when you do meet you know all the things that you have in common.

Okay, well Rose is still napping so I'm going to grab some lunch before we head out to go swimming this afternoon. I'm actually really looking forward to it, I haven't been swimming with her since we were on holiday but I plan to start taking her much more often.

xxxxxxxxxxxx



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the zip making!!
    Also, your cross stitch looks great- I'm with you on that one but- I haven't the patience to stick with cross stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for the zip, i could never get the hang of that. Rose is so gorgeous, but then again i am biased! looks like she enjoys cuddles with Wiggle.
    Love Mum xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've yet to finish mine.....yikes!
    It looks so pretty all made up....I should get it done, as I'd like to use it.....i think you might have given me the shove i needed to press on!

    Melx

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs