Monday 4 July 2011

Catching up...

I've sat down so many times to begin writing this post but things keep happening that distract me or take me away from the laptop, so this post has stayed as just some pictures with not very many words for quite some time. It's been in the back of my mind that I need to get on here and finish writing a post, but it just hasn't been possible! I suppose that's just what happens when you've got a 5 month old baby to tend to!


I try not to get frustrated at not being able to sit down and get a post written, but this blogging lark is supposed to just be for fun and so I tell myself to not feel like I'm being rubbish at it when I haven't posted for a while. Truthfully I probably do have enough time to get it done if I just got my head together and just 'got on with it'! But when I have any time on the laptop I just get distracted by other lovely blogs, or just other websites in general..!


The other day we had a brief visit from my Nan and Grandad when they came to visit for an afternoon. We went for a canal boat ride (their idea, not ours..!), it was lovely but as Ray and I have both cycled along the canal, I think it would have been a little more exciting if we didnt know the area so well.. But it was lovely to spend the time with them as they are a 2 hour drive away. The views were gorgeous though, so I took a few pics throughout the afternoon..


We're off to Dorset to stay with them for a few day's tomorrow which will be great.. even though the weather is supposed to be awful... It's been so lovely and sunny, but then as soon as it's Ray's annual leave, the rain comes back! So unlucky... we'll just have to come up with some day's out and things to do that are Inside instead!


Rose has started to roll over from her back to her front! I've been waiting for it for a while, I know your not supposed to rush things along with them.. But all of my NCT friends with babies the same age have been saying how their babies were all doing it and I didn't mean to compare at all, but I was getting a little curious as to when she'd figure out how to do it herself..! She looked so funny when I caught her doing it and she had her arm caught underneath her, she just looked at me as if to say 'Well..!? What do I do now then??'.


We went for a lovely walk the day before yesterday, Ray's been on nights yet again so we thought we'd make the most of getting out in the afternoon before he had to go back. We've been living here for almost a year now and I didn't realise that there was this lovely walk just up the road from us.. it's lovely and flat, so perfect for when we get a baby seat for my bike and can go for a nice bike ride. :-)

My Country Home & Interiors magazine plopped through my letter box onto the door mat today and I did get quite ridiculously excited about it.. I tore it open and whizzed through all the photo's before starting reading it properly from the beginning.. I'm just far too impatient for my own good! There is a section in there about a couple that have a 'Prairie Garden' and oh my gosh, the garden is Beautiful! It's simply stunning and completely my kind of garden. There are so so many plants that I'd love to have in my own little garden.There's just the small problem of there just not being enough space!!

Won't be back for a few day's now as we'll be staying in a house with no internet!! What will we do!? But will attempt to catch up with all my blogging when we return...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. Really looking forward to seeing you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely spell away, your Rose is so sweet.
    x Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you all have a lovely few days, and cant wait to see you at the end of the month xxxx

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs